Friday, November 7, 2014

Thankful for Thanksgiving Family Activity

Just finished the final touches on my Thanksgiving decor around the house.  This is my absolute favorite holiday all year...family, friends and wonderful food minus the pressures of holiday gift giving.  In the spirit of Thanksgiving we thought we should remind our children all they have to be thankful for.  To instill this sense of thankfulness everyday we created a family thankful jar.  Our jar sits on our dining room table where everyone is sure to see it and take a moment to fill out a slip...so far the plan is working.  We decided we would read them all on Thanksgiving.  I just used a couple of items from around the house to create our thankful jar.  I canning jar, some burlap scrap, twine and a foam leaf.  A little hot glue later and our jar was complete.  I just printed out some "I am thankful for" slips and we were all set.  How does your family celebrate Thanksgiving?  I would love to hear other ideas on how to remind ourselves how much we have to be thankful for.


As always thank you for stopping by. -Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment